The Roman Emperor Nero is considered to be the inventor of one of the most typical sauces in Catalonia:El Alioli.The name of this sauce comes from their wordsall(garlic) and oli(oil) and an authentic Alioliconsistsof exactly these two ingredients and salt. It is traditionally pounded in a pestle and mortar. In order to achieve a homogeneous and very thick paste, the olive oil is dripped in very gently and if done properly, it apparently should be possible to turn the mortar upside down without the spicy sauce falling out. An authentic challenge !! We'll show you how you can make your life much easier:
Ingredients for approx. 280 ml Alioli:
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 egg yolks
- ¼ lmild extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice orlemon oil (optional
- Use a hand blender to mince garlic and salt, or pound in a mortar until a homogeneous paste is formed.
- Work in the olive oil in a thin stream, stirring constantly or with a blender.
- If desired add a little lemon juice orlemon oil refine.
Tastes great with fish dishes, paella, grilled meat and vegetables.