Ratatouille - vegetable stew from Provence
A classic from Provence in the south of France. It consists of fresh vegetables, spices and herbs. The preparation is easy and tastes delicious cold or warm with pasta, rice, chicken or beef, depending on your mood.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 6 aubergines
- 4 zucchini
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 6 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 mlPicual extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bouquet garni made from 1 bay leaf, 1 handful of fresh parsley, and 1 handful of fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon Flor de Sal d'es Trenc Mediterránea with herbs
- 1 teaspoonFlor de Sal with shiitake
- Wash aubergines and zucchini and cut into small cubes. Do not peel!
- Wash fresh green and red peppers, remove seeds and cut into fine strips.n.
- Slightly cut the tomatoes in a cross shape at the top and bottom with a sharp knife and immerse in boiling water for 1 minute. Take it out and startle with cold water. Skin, cut into 2 and core.
- Peel the onions and cut into large slices.
- olive oilHeat in a saucepan and fry the onions and the peeled and lightly crushed cloves of garlic until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and 200 ml of water, stir and enrich the vegetables and spices.
- Picual extra virgin olive oil trickle over it.
Tastes excellent warm with grilled meat, fried fish dishes, rice or pasta, poached or fried eggs. or cold on toasted white bread or with Manchego cheese..
Good luck! Qué aproveche!!