The famous Mexican sauce is now known all over the world. There are many recipes, but I found this amazing recipe from the Argentine singer and actress Érica García in www.paulinacocina.net. For me, it's the best guacamole recipe I've tried so far.
- 3 avocados peeled and pitted
- ½ cup tomatoes cut into cubes
- ½ cup red onion finely cut
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Hojiblanca Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon Harissa olive oil (hot!!!)
- Mix the onion, tomatoes and coriander in a bowl.
- Add the avocado and mash it lightly with a fork (do not puree it. It should keep a bit of a chunky consistency).
- Slowly mix in olive oil. Round off with as much lime juice as desired.
- Season with sea salt and drizzle with Hojiblanca Extra virgin olive oil or, if you like it spicy and hot, with Harissa olive oil.
- Serve with tortilla chips or toasted white bread.