Croquetas de Pollo (chicken croquettes)
- 2 chicken breast fillets each approx. 150 g
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3/8 L milk
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 50 ml of a mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil for deep-frying
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into small pieces, season with salt and fry in olive oil for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Puree the cooled chicken, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk with a hand blender, until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Now it's the turn of the béchamel: Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour. Pour in the milk slowly, stirring constantly, simmer and leave to thicken over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat, fold in the chicken paste and season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Let it cool down and set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Whisk the rest of the egg with the egg white. Using a wet tablespoon, spoon out a spoonful of the solidified béchamel and shape into croquettes.
- First toss the croquette in egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Then fry in olive oil.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm or cold.
- You can easily freeze croquetas after breading and before deep-frying them. Served with a green salad, you have a delicious meal in no time. Ideal for children and adults, as an apéritif or as a Tapa