Why Extra Virgin Olive Oil keeps you healthy, young, slim and beautiful!
The human body needs fats to exist. They are an essential source of energy and essential for the absorption of certain vitamins (Vitamin D, for example) and minerals. The key is in the kind of fats we consume.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is one of the healthiest vegetable fats. Due to its composition, EVOO is a cocktail full of essential vitamins and antioxidants (phenols).
Olives contain the following health-promoting elements, among many other healthy substances:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and tocopherol
- Essential nutrients such as Folic (Vitamin B9) and Pantothenic (Vitamin B5) acid
- Natural phenolic compounds such as Oleocanthal (a natural “Ibuprofen”) and high concentrations of Oleic acid.
- Minerals: magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, and iron.
Medical and scientific studies prove that EVOO:
- protects the cardiovascular system
- helps combat carcinogenic cell development
- it has an antibacterial effect
- it has an anti-inflammatory effect
- it has a detoxifying effect (oil pulling)
- it has a mood-enhancing effect
- it protects the bones
- helps combat obesity
- strengthens the immune system
- protects and strengthens the nervous system
- keeps skin supple, young and healthy