Storing olive oil properly
Extra virgin olive oil is a fresh product and as such it is sensitive to, heat, oxygen and light.The following tips will help you store your olive oil properly:
- Always buy and store olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins.
- Never expose olive oil to direct sunshine over a long period of time.
- Always close open bottles / containers tightly
- Unopened olive oil is best kept in a dark place and at temperatures between 12 and and maximum 24 degrees Celsius.
- If stored correctly, unopened EVOO will last at least 24 months from date of harvest.
- Once open, we recommend consuming it within 6 months.
- Avoid buying or storing EVOO in plastic containers. Over longer periods of time, olive oil absorbs any odors it comes into contact with, as well as substances and chemicals, such as plasticizers.